By TNT Bureau
Nov 13, 2017: Now that the winter season has started, it is important to look after health matters. Do you know that during winters immunity level of a body tends to slow down? This means that you need to be all the more careful and pay attention to what you put inside your mouth during this chilly weather.
In order to keep away flu and cold, it is suggested that you add these 9 winter foods that are ideal in boosting immune system.
5 nutritious vegetables
You must have heard elders telling you to take lot of veggies during the cold weather. However, the main question lies as to what vegetables are efficient to beat winters. These are as follows
- Sweet potato: It contains beta-carotene and is also a rich source of vitamins A and E, thus helping to preserve the cells from free radical damages. At the same time, it also strives to maintain a healthy immune system.
- Green leafy veggies: You need to add green leafy vegetables such as silver beet, broccoli, cabbage, spinach and kale along with Asian green veggies such as baby pak choy,bok choy and choy sum. These are often termed as super foods that function to boost the immunity levels.
- Garlic: You just need to add a few pieces of garlic to your cooking during the cold weather to experience health enhancement. It is loaded with anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties and a wide array of health benefits which also includes enhancing of immune function. It is believed to relieve cold symptoms like mucous congestion and flu.
- Beetroot: It is regarded as one of the great sources of immune boosting vitamins A and C. Also, it contains antioxidants and good iron content- all contribute towards good health.
- Pumpkin: This bright colored vegetable is a rich source of beta-carotene and vitamin A which are wonderful immune boosting nutrients. Simply indulge in a bowl of warm pumpkin soup to ensure good health all the way.
4 wholesome fruits
- Kiwi: Do you know that kiwi is one of the great fruits that are loaded with vitamin C? Yes, eating this fruit in winters will help you keep cold at bay.
- Mandarin: This easy to peel citrus fruit is an essential source of beta-carotene and vitamin C. Also, they contain folic acid that aids in maintain general health. It also ensures good flow of blood within the body.
- Paw paw: This fruit which is commonly known as papaya consists of the super stars of immune system such as beta-carotene, folic acid and vitamin A. In addition to this, it is also a rich source of lycopene which is an amazing antioxidant that helps to reduce the risk of cell damages.
- Banana: It is advisable that you snack on bananas this winter season as this fruit simply bursts with wholesome nutrients such as potassium, folic acid, magnesium vitamin B6 and chromium. All these are essential in maintaining standard health.