By TNT Bureau
Half moon pose is a very effective balancing pose that can be easily adapted to different physical abilities. Like any balance pose, it helps increase strength and stability throughout the body, improve overall structural integration, improve our ability to focus and bring about a sense of accomplishment.
- Strengthens your legs, ankles, abdomen, buttocks and spine
- Stretches your groins, hamstrings, calves, shoulders, and spine
- Opens your hips and chest
- Builds coordination and balance
- Improves digestion
- Aids in stress relief
- Therapeutic for anxiety, fatigue, menstrual pain, backache, fertility, sciatica, osteoporosis, indigestion, gastritis and constipation
- From high lunge with the left foot forward, inhale and step forward into the left foot, straightening the left leg. Straighten the right leg up parallel to the floor
- Staring at a point on the floor, place the left palm directly under the left shoulder and carefully bring the right hand to the right hip. Roll the right hip up and back so the hips face the side wall.
- Inhale the right fingertips up towards the ceiling. Turn the head to face the side wall. Work on turning the whole torso to face the side wall.
- Breathe and hold for 3-5 breaths.
- To release: exhale and slowly bring both hands back to the floor and step the foot back into high lunge
- Repeat on other side.\