By TNT Bureau
Mar 11, 2016: In ayurveda, Alzhemier’s disease is called smruthi Nasha and the main cause behind it is the reduction of dhatus or tissues. The other reason includes impairment of satva guna which refers to the attribute of mind representing consciousness and purity by tamas which refers to the attribute of mind that represent obedience and lack of knowledge.
When the manovaha srotas which refers to the channels that carry cyclic impulses chiefly responsible for memory are troubled by vata dosha, the patient gets affected which results in malfunctioning of the mental performance.
Go for panchakarma therapy
Under this therapy, ayurveda recommends nasya therapy and oleation.
The entire therapies administered via your noise are termed as Nasya.
Nasya is a non-invasive herbal medicine treatment which is associated with intranasal release of medicated oils and dry herbal powders.
This is an easy process to deliver the healing agents into the central nervous system. The liberation is fast, sidesteps the brain and blood barrier and targets the central nervous system, thus helping to reduce systemic contact as well as side effects.
This therapy also ensures the transfer of lipid-soluble molecules and lipophilic across the brain and blood barrier membrane where hydrophilic composites demonstrate negligible permeation.
Precise oleation measures help in bringing about augmented cerebral flow and important brain function establishment.
Shirodhara is the incessant metrical dripping of medicated oils on your forehead. Shirobasti is all about keeping hold of medicated oil over your forehead for particular period of time.
Shiro abhyanga is a healing head massage. Shiro seka involves pouring medicated oil over the head in an incessant stream.
Such oleation methods help to maintain the restoration of essential glucose, oxygen and blood supply to the brain cells. They also help in relaxation of the tight junctions between endothelial cells in the central nervous system vessels and smooth the progress of the entry of solutes and other mechanisms into the central nervous system.
Effective ayurvedic herbs to keep the brain cells nourished
- Ashwagandha or withania somnifera is often used to stabilize mood in clinical circumstances of depression and anxiety. It has rejuvenating properties and decreases oxidative stress, thus preventing mental exhaustion. It improves the overall energy of the body and also aids in relieving stress in a natural manner.
- Madhukaparni or centella asiatica is a significant rejuvenating herb that refreshes brain cells as well as the nerves. It helps in improving immunity, endurance, cleverness, memory and overall brain functions. It helps you to relax and provides protection against nervous breakdowns. It helps to balance the level of amino acids which is helpful in treating depression. It also helps in preventing cognitive impairment.
- Brahmi and Shankhpushp are nervine tonics for enhancement of cognitive function and memory. They consist of nootropic actions as well as neuropharmacological effects.
- Turmeric or curcuma longa is antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. It has excellent antioxidant properties that render it as a strong neuroprotective herb, helpful in the administration of diseases like Alzheimer.
- Guggulu or commiphora mukkul) is a budding anti-dementia medicine.
- Jyotishmati or celastrus paniculatus helps in sharpening memory and also aids in improving cognitive function and concentration.
- Jatamansi or nardostachys jatamans is loaded with powerful antioxidant properties that are extremely helpful in restoring memory in age related dementia.