By TNT Bureau
Baddha konasana or bound angle pose is widely known as the cobbler pose. It allows you to increase the knee muscles and inner thighs. It is beneficial to the groin and can help boost your fertility. This asana actively stretches your knees and groin area.
- Strengthens and improves flexibility in the inner thighs, groins and the knees
- Helps prepare the hips and groins for meditative seated poses, which require more flexibility in these areas
- Helps to sooth menstrual discomfort and digestive complaints
- Stimulates the abdominal organs, potentially improving the health of the ovaries, prostate gland, kidneys and bladder
- Alleviates fatigue, according to traditional yoga texts
- Helps open up the lower back and relieves sciatica
- Metaphysically opens up the groin area helping to relieve sexual inhibitions and guilt
Step by step
- Sit and bring your feet towards your groin.
- Keep the soles of your feet together and allow the knees to gently fall away.
- Exhale, hold your feet and slowly lower forward as far as you can comfortably go.
- Keep lengthening your spine
- Gently press your elbow into your thighs so that your hips can open a little more.
- Release after 5 to 10 breaths.
- Finally, stretch your legs out and gently shake them