Oct 27, 2017: The healthcare industry is entering a period of rapid evolution in which digital health technologies will be increasingly used to gain greater efficiencies in patient care while simultaneously reducing the cost of delivery.
According to a new white paper published by Tractica, three main factors are driving the increased interest in digital health: a clear requirement to curtail increasing healthcare costs, the need to find new ways to handle the growing number of individuals with chronic diseases, and the desire to provide better and safer medical care. In addition, key players in the healthcare ecosystem are also searching for ways to better support aging populations and improve patient satisfaction.
Tractica?s white paper analyzes 10 key trends that are influencing the development of the global digital health industry, and is available for free download on the firm?s website.
?Digital health technologies are beginning to change the way healthcare is delivered,? says principal analyst Charul Vyas. ?Advances in technology, such as wireless connectivity, sensors, and the growth of mobile devices, are allowing organizations to move to more of a virtual care model, and more regularly monitor patients on a remote basis.?
Tractica?s white paper identifies and analyzes 10 key trends that are key factors in the ongoing evolution of the digital health sector, including the following:
- Return on investment is a top priority
- The market is moving to a virtual care model
- Digital health use cases are expanding
- Telehealth video consultations are beginning to see strong traction
- Remote patient monitoring is gaining momentum
- Eldercare is a key application for digital and mobile health
- Wearable biosensors, patches, and clothing are key emerging sectors
- Biometrics will be widely used in healthcare
- Data analytics are a key pillar of digital health
- Artificial intelligence will be a key enabler of digital health capabilities
Tractica?s white paper, ?Digital Health: 10 Trends to Watch?, highlights 10 key market trends for digital health technologies, services and applications that are worth watching as the market moves from an early adopter stage to becoming a mass-market proposition. These trends are based on the ongoing research and analysis that is part of Tractica?s Digital Health Advisory Service.