By TNT Bureau
Mar 21, 2017: The number of stomach cancer cases reached a staggering 24,590 in 2015 and this figure is expected to rise all the more in 2016, according to the experts. Stomach cancer is known to affect adults, with a standard analysis age of about 69. And it is the male population that is at a higher more risk of developing stomach cancer as compared to females.
Stomach cancer in the US was known to be one of the major causes for deaths related to cancer but there has been a decline since 1930. While the cause for the decline is not quiet known, health experts are of the opinion that accessibility of fresh fruits and vegetables as well as refrigeration of foods might be the reasons for the decline.
Additionally, it is also believed that the increased use of antibiotics might be one of the reasons as well since antibiotics can kill the bacteria H. pylori which is one of the widespread reasons for developing stomach cancer.
Can white fruits and vegetables help to prevent stomach cancer?
According to a study, white fruits and vegetables can help to prevent stomach cancer. The researcher was conducted at Zhejiang University in China where the researchers revealed that eating white fruits and vegetables, such as mushroom, cabbage, garlic etc can decrease the risk of developing stomach cancer. White fruits and vegetables tend to hold important nutrients like magnesium and potassium and are also high in fiber content than other colored foods.
The investigators examined 76 cases concerning stomach cancer. The studies contained about 6.3 million individuals and almost 33,000 deaths caused due to stomach cancer.
It was found that for every hundred grams of white fruit eaten on daily basis the risk of developing gastric cancer decreased by 5%. Eating two potatoes daily which are encumbered with vitamin C decreased the risk by 8%.
As against this, it was seen that salt augmented the risk of gastric cancer by 12% along with pricked vegetables. Though it was seen that alcohol increased the risk of stomach cancer, wine had no ill-effects on stomach cancer.
The researchers said that the study gives complete and sturdy proof that there are several defensive and risk factors for stomach cancer as far as diet is concerned.
Healthy white fruits and vegetables
Besides helping to reduce the risk of stomach cancer, white fruits and vegetables consists of varied necessary nutrients that can increase your health. Below is an accepted list of white fruits and vegetables that aid in boost and managing your overall health.
- Garlic:It helps to promote hair growth and also fights flu and cold. It is helpful in boosting the immunity and also helps to reduce acnes and pimples.
- Potatoes:They contain a lot of fiber which is essential in improving cholesterol and heart health. It also helps you to keep your stomach full for a long period of time. Potatoes are rich source of magnesium, vitamin B6 and vitamin C.
- Mushrooms:They are gluten and cholesterol free and are filling as well, hence they are considered ideal for weight loss.
- Onions:Since they have anti-inflammatory properties, they to reduce arthritis and also boost immunity. It is also known to reduce the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
- Cabbage: Cabbage and other cruciferous vegetables are loaded with nutrients that help in maintaining healthy blood vessels and strengthening bones.