By TNT Bureau
Feb 12, 2016: Everyone wants to stay younger. But unfortunately, the skin starts showing signs of ageing as soon as you are in your twenties. With aging, your cheeks and chin begin to sag; your body muscles lose strength and elasticity. To retain youthfulness of your skin, you can try out some natural and ayurvedic tips.
Massage with skin tightening oils
- Njavara oil tightens the skin. You can make an ayurvedic face pack with this skin tightening oil. Take two big spoons of powdered green gram and mix it with one spoon of curd. You can use this as a scrub for the face and neck. Apply on the face and neck, and after 5 minutes wash it off and apply Njavara oil or any other skin tightening oil. Now massage the face lightly in an upward direction, starting from the neck.
- Warm the Njavara oil and dip a piece of thin cloth. Massage the face and neck with it in upward strokes, for 15 minutes.
Virgin coconut oil face pack
- A face pack made with virgin coconut oil is very beneficial for the skin. You can make virgin coconut oil at home by simmering thick coconut milk for hours on low fire. Virgin coconut oil is very good for dry skin.
- Take some virgin coconut oil and put some tender portion of lotus petals some rose petals in it. Store the oil for at least three days till the essence of the flowers mix well with the oil. Dab the face with this oil in the upward direction from the neck. Leave it on the face for about 20 minutes. Clean the oil from the face with the help of a cotton ball dipped in luke warm water.
- Put a face pack made of green gram powder, multani mitti or besan and water. Keep it on the face for some time and wash it off.
- Massaging the face with virgin coconut oil for 3-5 minutes is beneficial, particularly for dry skin.