By TNT Bureau
June 20, 2017: Everyone wants to stay younger. But unfortunately, the skin starts showing signs of ageing as soon as you are in your twenties. With aging, your cheeks and chin begin to sag; your body muscles lose strength and elasticity. To retain youthfulness of your skin, you can try out some natural and ayurvedic tips.
Massage with skin tightening oils
- Njavara oil tightens the skin. You can make an ayurvedic face pack with this skin tightening oil. Take two big spoons of powdered green gram and mix it with one spoon of curd. You can use this as a scrub for the face and neck. Apply on the face and neck, and after 5 minutes wash it off and apply Njavara oil or any other skin tightening oil. Now massage the face lightly in an upward direction, starting from the neck.
- Warm the Njavara oil and dip a piece of thin cloth. Massage the face and neck with it in upward strokes, for 15 minutes.
Virgin coconut oil face pack
- A face pack made with virgin coconut oil is very beneficial for the skin. You can make virgin coconut oil at home by simmering thick coconut milk for hours on low fire. Virgin coconut oil is very good for dry skin.
- Take some virgin coconut oil and put some tender portion of lotus petals some rose petals in it. Store the oil for at least three days till the essence of the flowers mix well with the oil. Dab the face with this oil in the upward direction from the neck. Leave it on the face for about 20 minutes. Clean the oil from the face with the help of a cotton ball dipped in luke warm water.
- Put a face pack made of green gram powder, multani mitti or besan and water. Keep it on the face for some time and wash it off.
- Massaging the face with virgin coconut oil for 3-5 minutes is beneficial, particularly for dry skin.
Homemade packs for youthful skin
- Take two spoons of honey, juice of half a lemon, and half teaspoon of sugar. Apply this on the face and when it is dry, wash it off. After this mix one small spoon of almond oil with a spoon of milk cream, and apply on the face. After 15 minutes wash it off.
- A paste of one big spoon of nutmeg powder and one-fourth tablespoon of milk, when applied on the face and neck, and left for 15 minutes make the skin glowing.
- Make a face pack for oily skin, by mixing two tablespoon of green gram powder, two pinch of turmeric powder, one teaspoon of besan, two teaspoon of curd or milk. Apply this on the face, keep for 10-15 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Aloe vera juice is very good for the skin. Add one teaspoon of aloe vera juice in one cup of warm water and drink it on an empty stomach daily.
- A paste of half a carrot and potato, a teaspoon of honey and lemon juice is magical for the skin.