By TNT Bureau
Dec 2, 2017: Paschimottanasana or seated forward bend poseis a soothing yoga pose that helps to ease stress. This pose is often practiced later in a sequence, when the body is warm. It also helps to prepare the practitioner for even deeper poses, such as sleeping yogi pose or yoganidrasana.
Paschimottanasana yoga pose stretches the spine, shoulders and hamstrings. People with tight hip flexors will certainly benefit from this yoga asana. However, be careful not to hyperextend your knees.
- It acts as a stress reliever
- Useful for increasing height
- Regular practice cure impotency and enhance the sexual power
- Tones the abdominal pelvic organs
- Balance the menstrual cycles
- Reduces fatty deposits in the abdomen
- Remove anxiety, anger and irritability
- Calms the mind
- Stretches the spine and brings flexibility
- Good for constipation and digestive disorder
- This asana is recommended especially for women after delivery
Step by step
- Sit down straight with your legs together by stretching in front of you. Keep your head neck and spine erect.
- Place the palms on your respective knees
- Now bend your head and trunk slowly forward to catch the toes with the thumb, index and middle fingers without bending knees
- Take a deep breath and exhale slowly. Try to touch your head to your both knees
- Bend the arm and try to touch the elbow on the floor
- After few seconds slowly return to your starting position
- Breathe normally
- Exhale completely and holding out your breath stay in this posture for a few seconds
- Repeat this for 3-4 times